The IT sector is present in the day to day of each and every one of us, being the sector that is experiencing the most evolution in the last two decades; But … Do we know why?
At the beginning of the 21st century Eric Schmidt, Ex Google CEO, summed up with a phrase the beginning of a new technological stage: ” There were 5 Exabytes of information created between the dawn of civilization through 2003, but that much information is now created every 2 days ”
Nowadays, the generation, analysis and management of data form one of the fundamental pillars of the IT sector and on which the majority of Spanish companies rely; But how is it possible to carry out all these actions in a fast, safe, simultaneous and effective way?
The answer is cloud computing: a new way of doing computing, a paradigm shift that allows you to take advantage of the capabilities of huge data processing centers that provide access to information and analysis. Cloud computing completes the capabilities of our computers and mobile phones to infinity.
To get an idea of what the cloud currently supposes, we can take as reference the world market of advertising. This market covers about 50,000 million dollars per year, while the potential market of the cloud generates between one million and four million million dollars a year. All computing is going to move to that storage and data management model, currently representing only 5% of what will become the cloud market”.
The latest data collected during 2019 show that 50% of the expenditure made by companies in the IT sector is related to services related to the cloud. The forecasts show that, in three years, the cloud industry will have developed three times faster than the generic set of all information technologies; growing 25% annually compared to e-commerce. Cloud computing represents a paradigm shift due to its infinite computing capacity and introduces many new concepts perfectly applicable for any size of company.
What are the Megatrends to keep in mind about cloud computing?
- Need to the cloud transformation: The capabilities offered by cloud technology in everything related to storage, management and availability of data make companies consider migration to the cloud as a short-term need. Not adopting this technology in the coming years can mean the obsolescence of any company.
- Consumption reduction: More than 70% of Spanish companies suffer from oversized costs in everything related to the storage of their data. The cloud allows to optimize the storage cost and provides immediate data availability. In addition, cloud technology is totally ecological; The daily consumption of its activity compared to the amount of data it stores makes it a Green IT technology.
- Input from native cloud platforms players: The world of cloud computing has been considered one of the most profitable niche markets; which is why it is currently the playground of such important multinationals as AWS (Amazon Web Services), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud and Huawei Cloud. The investment made by each of these entities in cloud technology accounts for more than 40% of their annual budget and it is forecast that each year the investment will increase 25% higher than the previous year.
- SaaS technology proliferation: the use of SaaS platforms is based on a software distribution model where the company providing the cloud service offers maintenance, support and operation together. The client will use the system hosted by the company, which will maintain the client’s information in their systems and provide the necessary resources to exploit that information. SaaS platforms avoid the existence of unnecessary maintenance costs, and contracting as a service brings great flexibility to the client. In addition, it allows users to connect simultaneously to other applications that are also hosted in the cloud with just a simple Internet connection. All these characteristics show that cloud computing, thanks to SaaS technology, responds to an Agile model.
- Immediate availability: One of the main advantages offered by cloud computing is the ease with which resources are deployed. The moment the need for storage for a company appears, you can count on a cloud service instantly. This immediacy is also applicable to the increase or reduction of contracted resources.
- Pay-for-use model: Cloud services respond to a pay-per-use model with a full scalability character. It allows to increase the capacity of the resources requested or the size of the same without compromising its operation and quality. Besides representing a considerable cost saving, it also provides an optimization of physical space since to benefit from cloud technology it is not necessary to host any server in a space reserved for it within each company.
Now that you know the tremendous potential that the migration of the entire database of any company to the cloud can mean, do not let your business or your company be left behind or suffer an outdated service. Get in touch with us and as experts in cloud transformation we will help you throughout this process. Leave us your data by clicking here and we will contact you as soon as possible, offering a completely customized service for each of your needs.